Age of Sigmar: Painting Stinkmullet Part 3

Age of Sigmar: Painting Stinkmullet Part 3

More Stinkmullet!

img_1328

I’m starting off with the same yellow palette from the last article for his belt buckle and moon trinket.

img_1365

Here they are again.

img_1329

Yellow always needs to be built up in layers or it doesn’t look right.

img_1330

As I’m proceeding I also begin on the satchell of mushrooms at his belt. These are done simply with the Screaming Skull and Skrag Brown I already had out for the mushrooms. I also started on the leather bits on his pouch, canteen, and  belt.

img_1364

I used a lot of colors on the brown leather, adding this red and yellow to the highlights and some blue to the shading. It may seem like overkill but I really think all the extra color you can add helps. This is a a fungus infested goblin after all so there’s no reason to feel like anything has to look natural or realistic.

img_1331

Here I’m just continuing to build up all those highlights on everything.

img_1335

Next it’s on to the staff and potion.

img_1368

For the flask a mix of the purple and brown are blended up into the red. This is then highlighted with a thin narrow band of fleshtone with a little screaming skull  blended in down the middle.

img_1367

For the staff a mix of the green and bark are used as a basecoat, and highlighted up with a mix of the Skrag Brown and White.

img_1336

Here’s everything a little further along.

img_1337

Next I moved on to the wormipede on the staff.

The base is Caliban Green. I used a mix of the Dryad Bark and Scarlet in the shadows to try to create a nice color harmony with the green. Unfortunately I just couldn’t really get this guy to pop like I would have liked. It’s too bad since he’s one of my favorite parts of the model. I think part of the problem is I broke one of my own rules and highlighted him with just pure white. Maybe if ‘d mixed in some yellow…

img_1338

Anyway here he is further along. I tried to concentrate the highlights in certain areas to create the appearance of a reflection on an iridescent bug.

img_1339

Here I’m continuing to smooth everything out. I I’d left him a bit  more like this, where there’s a good amount of contrast. It’s closer to having that iridescent look in this image than it ended up.

img_1340

Here I’ve brought up the highlights more and I don’t think it’s as effective.

Here’s one final close-up. I think I also could have spent some more time on it. It can take quite a few passes to really get the highlights working right for an irridescent appearance. But this was just supposed to be a fun weekend project so I’m satisfied to keep it like this.

~Hope you enjoyed this latest round of pics. There should be more Srinkmullet tomorrow.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s